Online Professional Indemnity insurance for protect who you love in Rwanda | Britam - Rwanda
Professional Indemnity Banner
Professional Indemnity Tab Content
Professional liability insurance
Professional liability insurance (PLI), also called professional indemnity insurance (PII) is a form of liability insurance which helps protect professionals from legal liability that may arise due to acts of negligence, error or omission in the rendering of or failure to render professional services for others in the insured’s capacity as a professional
Benefits Features & Benefits
The primary purpose of professional insurance is to protect the professionals against any financial losses from lawsuits, which can be filed against them by their clients
- Financial Protection from Lawsuits:
- The policy pays for the costs of defending any action brought against the insured in their professional capacity.
- The Professional Indemnity Policy covers Court judgement awards
- The policy also covers loss of documents fees and expenses may have arisen
- Peace of Mind: Performing professional services with greater confidence bring effective results. Professional indemnity insurance provides helping hand in such scenario and handle all your strain by providing the required monetary help.
- Increases Credibility: Professional indemnity insurance enhances your goodwill and brand image. It assures your clients and investors that whatever professional services you are rendering if some discrepancies arise, professional indemnity insurance is there to provide strong support.
- The smooth running of your business: Claims arising due to error and omission may cause huge financial loss and interruptions in your operations. But professional indemnity insurance helps in restoring the former business position after all the losses incurred due to legal court procedures.
If you are a professional and or have your own company, then it is advisable that you have professional indemnity insurance. Professionals are required to perform their services as per standards of conduct. Unfortunately, nobody’s perfect and professionals can be held legally responsible if they fail to use the degree of skill, which is expected from them.
Below are some of the professionals we cover:
- Medical professionals (general practitioners, nurses, dentists, physiotherapists) et cetera.
The coverage focuses on alleged failure to perform on the part of, financial loss caused by, and error or omission in the service or product sold by the policyholder.
It covers claims against an individual for a breach of a professional duty but, depending on the policy, cover can extend to:
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Damages arising from fraud
- Defence costs associated with claims